RE: TO APPLY for this position you need the following:
1) Experience using Peoplesoft V8.0 or Higher and/or Workday
2) Payroll for 2,000+ employees
3) Experience converting Payroll Systems
- Oversees the preparation and distribution of the organization's payrolls for multiple locations, states and global locations
- Serves as liaison with other departments (particularly Finance and Accounting) in the resolution of payroll problems.
- Maintains time and attendance and payroll databases. Coordinates time and attendance training efforts to employees.
- Ensures the generation of the company payroll, including labor distribution records, paid time off (PTO) and sick leave accrual, overtime and withholding status. Oversees the maintenance of earnings and deduction records.
- Ensures all federal, state and local taxes, Social Security contributions, contribution to employee benefit programs, and other deductions are withheld from individual paychecks. Reviews calculations, taxes, deductions, and withholding amounts for accuracy.
- Conducts periodic audits and ensures compliance with federal and state regulations. Ensures compliance with corporate and industry payroll, accounting and tax standards.
- Meets all government reporting requirements for payroll taxes, withholding and employer contributions.
- Directs the preparation and filing of required reports and/or payments to government agencies, insurance carriers, other organizations and individual employees.
- Develops policies, procedures and controls for payroll process and timekeeping. Recommends
- Compile payroll data along with data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance premiums, HSA, FSA, Commuter Benefits, 401(k) deductions. Upload semi-monthly data to 401(k) and benefits providers.
- Verify Time and Attendance and review the downloaded information for completeness and accuracy along with loading it into payroll to process and reduce PTO accruals.
- Process payroll data US along with overseeing the monthly transfer of payroll in countries outside of North America via regional Payroll Specialists.
- Compile internal management reports from payroll system software for HR and Executive Management use.
- Proactively advise and recommend payroll best practices.
- Participate in ad hoc projects as needed from HR
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS Degree and/or CPP designation
- Minimum 5 years Payroll processing
- PeopleSoft version 8.0 or higher, query writing skills preferred
- Strong knowledge of Payroll best practices, Garnishments, and Payroll Taxes
- Working knowledge of FLSA regulations
- Ability to manage sensitive information with discretion
- Must be precise with attention to detail
- Exceptional mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Successful completion of a system implementation preferred
- Experience with Workday Payroll/Time & Attendance preferred
- High level of proficiency with computers, applications, accounting/payroll/HRMS systems.
- Ability to communicate with employees, clients, internal and external customers in a clear, professional and courteous manner, which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
- Consistent and reliable attention to detail, accuracy and validity.
- Ability to interact with a diverse spectrum of individuals calmly, professionally and supporti.
Our firm’s financial division is a boutique search group whose team brings years of industry and progressive business experience to its clients. Our firm manages numerous challenging search assignments a year.
Location/Region: New York, NY (US)