ICMA-RC is a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services corporation manages over $50 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million participant accounts. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining ICMA-RC's Sales Team.
Provide on-site service and education to assigned client base to expand current plan enrollment and participation, increase savings levels, retain current participant base, and enhance the investment knowledge of plan participants in the assigned cases. Considerable travel within the assigned territory is required.
Section B: Essential Functions/Activities (at least four but not more than ten sentences):
- Conduct one-on-one consultations on-site at employers, engaging participants and improving their outcomes in the areas of investment education, enrollment, savings rates, outside asset acquisition, and account level retention.
- Give group education presentations on a wide variety of financial and retirement education topics to a diverse group of constituencies
- Host Annual Plan Reviews with key decision makers of employer sponsored retirement plans with a focus on plan trends, investment, and participant education outcomes
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with key plan level decision makers including elected officials, board members, union representatives, and C-suite administrators
- Proactively schedule, organize and effectively market all daily activities and onsite client visits
- Exceed all assigned production, activity, and service related goals
- Record all daily activity in contact management systems accurately
- Identify and refer new group or individual business opportunities to the appropriate manager
- Represent ICMA-RC at benefit fairs, conferences, and other special events which promote building retirement security for public sector employees
Section C: Required Skills/Knowledge/Experience
Briefly describe the type of experience required to perform the job (e.g. financial services, record keeping, customer service, information technology, etc.):
3+ years related exp. Financial Services sales experience strongly preferred. Customer service experience is helpful.
Significant knowledge of retirement and investment products with an emphasis on deferred compensation defined benefit and defined contribution plans. Good understanding of specific plan provisions and legislative regulations
Experience with IRAs, 401ks, 403b, 401a, or DB plans
Demonstrated ability to effectively market and service a geographically diverse client base
Direct sales experience desired with experience in closing the sale preferred. Ability to overcome objections and resistance during sales presentation necessary
Strong communication, listening, interpersonal skills, and ability to follow directions necessary. Demonstrated ability to make effective group presentations
Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer skills, including Windows, internet, email systems, Word, Excel and Power Point
Strong time management and organizational skills
Ability to work in a fast-paced, task-oriented environment
FINRA Series 7 and 66 or 7, 63, and 65, as well as Life, Health & Variable Annuity Licenses at the date of hire or within a determined time period.
Please forward qualified resumes to Eric Malloy (email@example.com).
Location/Region: Auburn Hills, MI