Is your calendar overly organized? Do you know what a Pivot Table does in Excel? Are you comfortable working in a small staff environment supporting a big cause? If the answer is yes and the thought of working on multiple projects at a time doesn’t scare you.
SPSP is seeking a dynamic, well-organized, multi-tasker to support its Executive Office and Meetings Team. This individual will assist with various meeting logistics, as well as support the Executive Director in various areas of association management. If you are a high-performing individual, regardless of years of experience, consider applying to be SPSP’s Meetings and Governance Assistant.
SPSP, located in Metro-accessible downtown Washington DC, is a small and staff-friendly professional society committed to work/life balance, professional development of its staff, and wellness of its employees. Working at SPSP means a chance to work with a very collegial, team-oriented staff where you feel appreciated by members, you feel accomplished at the end of long projects, and you grow your skillset while doing so. More information about SPSP and work life is available at http://spsp.org/about/employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties that occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job)
Meeting Planning (50%)
- Assist with logistics planning for annual convention and summer forum, including room assignments and audio/visual
- Support preconference organizers and maintain all logistics for 31 preconferences at annual convention
- Assist with plans for special events, including the opening reception and president’s reception
- Track relevant data related to hotel pickups and registration for events
- Track event budgets and monitor throughout the year to ensure expenses and revenue are within budget guidelines
- Oversee shipping of materials to and from events
- Assist with communications and support of Board of Directors, including travel, conference calls and expense reports
- Assist with agenda and logistics for Board of Director and Task Force meetings, as assigned
- Oversee Travel Approvals for volunteers
- Assist with nominations and elections process, including sending Call for Nominations, tracking open positions, and tracking volunteers
Other Duties (25%)
- Oversee customer service related to SPSP Career Center
- Assist Membership Department with Member Service inquiries
- Assist in operation of Central Office, including maintaining supplies
- Other duties as assigned