JOB POSTING – December 5, 2018
Location: Saint Scholastica Convent
JOB TITLE: Human Resource Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
WORK HOURS: Part-Time 24 hrs/wk
SHIFT: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm – Hours may vary.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's Degree; 3 years experience
The HR/Director of Recruitment is responsible for directing and coordinating the Human Resource functions of recruitment, retention, employee relations, discipline, exit processes, and provides assistance to Workplace Health and Safety.
Essential Managerial Job Duties:
- Understands, endorses and supports the Mission and Values of the Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict.
- Understands, endorses, supports and teaches the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Develops, gains approval of and implements goals, objectives and budgets for his/her area of responsibility.
- Provides meaningful input in regards to the policies, operations and direction of the organization.
- Demonstrates leadership by presenting a positive example, establishing high standards, holding people
accountable, and maintaining the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
- Supports and cooperates with other Departments, Managers, and Administration.
Essential Specific Job Duties:
- Works closely with the HR/Policies, Benefits and Training and serves as a backup as needed.
- Works with the HR/Director of Policies, Benefits, and Training to maintain a system of record-keeping of all appropriate employee-related information for the entire organization.
- Develops and maintains a strong marketing and recruitment program.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all fair employment laws and regulations.
- Communicates and responds to employee inquiries regarding any employment–related issues.
- Posts open positions through appropriate channels.
- Manages and maintains an up-to-date job descriptions and job performance appraisals for all jobs in the organization.
- Implements the Performance Appraisal system through work with the supervisors.
- Develops behavioral patterned interviews for all jobs.
- Assists managers/supervisors in interviewing job candidates and in making hiring decisions.
- Conducts all necessary reference and background studies.
- Communicates with applicants and extends job offers based on candidate background and current employee pay rates.
- Conducts Human Resources orientation and initial training with new hires and completes employment process.
- Arranges for the Tuberculin Skin Test and tracks the results for new and existing employees at SSC as needed.
- Provides assistance to the Workplace Health and Safety Programs at SBM and works with HR/ Director of Policies, Benefits and Training to develop a common Workplace Health and Safety Program for SBM and SSC.
- Assists managers and supervisors in determining and initiating all necessary disciplinary actions.
- Conducts termination process and documents all exit interviews.
- Prepares summary report of all exit interviews and periodically presents report to management.
- Works with the HR/Director of Policies, Benefits and Training to represent the Sisters of the Order of St. Benedict in hearings, investigations, etc.
- Follows and supports all policies and procedures as established by the Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict.
- Works with employee status changes and processes.
- Performs all typing, correspondence, computer work, record-keeping and filing necessary.
- Performs related work as required.
Internal Applications are available through the Department of Human Resources at Saint Scholastica Convent (320-529-1298); At Saint Scholastica
Convent - Employee Locker Room and Receptionist Desk; At Saint Benedict’s Monastery - Employee Break Room (Main Building) & Receptionist Desk.
About this company
The Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict is the largest Benedictine monastic community of women in the United States.The Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict have two locations:
Saint Benedict's Monastery in St. Joseph, home to approximately 150 Sisters
Saint Scholastica Convent in St. Cloud, an assisted living facility that is home to approximately 100 Sisters
The Sisters hire in a variety of areas, including health care, food service, maintenance, environmental services, administrative support and management/leadership. There are over 100 employees that work for the Sisters.
Location/Region: Saint Cloud, MN