We invite you to play an important role in delivering quality services and solutions to our customers. At DHL eCommerce, we offer many rewarding opportunities in different functions of our business. Contribute to our success through various exciting career opportunities and be part of the world's leading logistics company.
DHL eCommerce is seeking a HR Business Partner for our Melrose Park, IL Distribution Center.
We offer a Competitive Salary + Health Benefits, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, STD/LTD, Life, Tuition Reimbursement & 401k!
Provide day-to-day human resources support and counsel to a distribution center covering the areas of recruitment, benefits, training, employee relations, employee communications, and safety and employment documentation. Ensure consistent application of policies and procedures. Serve as a liaison with internal departments and temporary agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advertise and organize recruiting efforts for new candidates.
- Engage and manage temporary agencies to ensure the fulfillment of daily open positions; audit agency compliance with procedures necessary, e.g., I-9's and drug testing.
- Provide advice and counsel on personnel issues; and coordinate the resolution of employee issues and conflicts.
- Organize and maintain employee Personnel, Benefits, I-9, and other file systems.
- Coordinate employee benefits
- Conduct new hire orientation, new hire paperwork, prepare termination paperwork following established procedures; coordinate with Corporate Payroll to set up new hire paperwork.
- Correspond with Regional HR Director and Corporate HR to document and assist Distribution Center Operations in resolving employee issues and/or employee disciplinary matters.
- Prepare and submit safety and accident reports to Regional HR Director and Director of Risk and Safety following safety reporting procedures.
- Administer company policies; assist in monitoring employee and management compliance with policies.
- Monitor compliance of various HR-related issues (OSHA, Federal Postings, etc.); maintains OSHA log
- Oversee ID badge process and ensure employees wear ID badges.
- Maintain various HR monthly reports to include but not limited to termination, new hire, leave of absence, etc.
- Manage performance review process for hourly employees.
- Oversee and conduct monthly and yearly reward and recognition programs.
- Conducts monthly safety meetings.
- Works with Ops Shared Services to correct any time clock/sign in sheet log related issues.
- Conduct good faith outreach efforts to recruit and hire in accordance with the AAP.
- Conduct all HR internal audits and recommend necessary adjustments.
- Coordinate the company Employee Opinion survey program and performance improvement programs.
- Administer exit interviews, monitor findings, recommend changes and evaluate effectiveness.
- Foster and maintain an employer friendly environment through communication, and supervisory awareness training.
- Facilitate effective and timely communication between all levels of employees.
- Perform special projects as assigned by Regional HR Director and Corporate HR.
- Management reserves the right to add or modify duties and/or responsibilities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field. PHR certification preferred.
- 5 to 8 years progressive HR related experience required to include recruitment, employee relations, labor relations, benefits administration, time keeping, and safety, preferably within a warehouse/production environment.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Able to work several hours at night/early morning at least once per week.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Physical demands are consistent with a professional office setting
- Regular sitting at work station for 25 – 75% of the work shift
- Frequent standing and walking
- Up to 10% travel required, to visit other sites, train other employees and attend meetings.
- Able to work a range of shifts based on operational need.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disability
Vision:To become the leading logistics provider in online retailing.
DHL eCommerce is on its way to becoming the preferred partner for shipping solutions nationwide and worldwide. With our innovative shipping solutions, supported by state-of-the-art operations systems, we are redefining residential delivery for both your business and your customers. We provide a full range of domestic and international services for the secure and reliable distribution of mail and parcels. Plus, we offer an expanding range of value-added services.
Domestic Presence: DHL eCommerce offers U.S. businesses the widest range of domestic mail and parcel services through the power of the DHL eCommerces worldwide network. With our strategically located Distribution Centers, we can pick-up, sort and process your shipments and move them efficiently into the mailstream. As a USPS Workshare partner, we are able to offer the final mile delivery to over 152 million addresses.
Global Presence: With direct connections to over 220 countries and territories and 41 processing centers on four continents, we have the worlds largest network for international shipping services today. We provide our cross-border services to top Fortune 500 companies for parcels, business mail, direct mail and publications.
Industries Served: DHL eCommerce handles a wide variety of shipments daily from apparel and electronics to books to DVDs, vitamins, replacement parts and catalogs. Some of the industries we serve are e-commerce, multi-channel retailers, direct marketing, financial, mail and print fulfillment, healthcare, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical, government and manufacturing.
Location/Region: Melrose Park, IL (US)