The Staffing Recruiter / Qualification Specialist is responsible for matching applicants to clients through in-depth analysis of job skills and qualifications to determine which applicant to recruit interview and hire.
- Conduct phone screens and preliminary discussion with applicants.
- Conduct pre-employment skills testing, employee orientation and safety training.
- Process reference checks, criminal backgrounds, credit checks, license checks, driving records and drug testing for applicants and employees.
- Review and maintain employment records: new hire documentation, W-4, I-9, direct deposit and benefits.
- Complete and review for accuracy Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Review company policies and procedures with associates as part of the associate orientation.
- Resolve employee related issues involving complaints, misconduct and performance.
- Interviewed applicants to identify and summarize relevant experience and skills.
- Complete all required data entry and reports daily and weekly.
- Provide staffing services for accounts and assess client needs by obtaining detailed job requirements, selecting, orienting and dispatching the appropriate job candidates.
- Evaluate and match qualified candidates to clients open orders using computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources, cold calls and employee referrals.
- Successfully fulfill orders. This may include: resume and cover letter submittals, coordination of interviews time with customer and candidate; timely follow up on submittals and interviews and coordination of any company specific screening and orientation.
- Follow up regularly with candidates and clients to maintain relationships to build knowledge of needs and opportunities.
- Meet client expected customer service including follow up and filling orders timely.
- Complete tutorial courses for e-verify.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the American with Disabilities Act.
- Monitor associate production/quality efficiencies and make necessary corrective actions.
- Generate wake up calls and cover after hour phones to provide client services.
- Risk management activities: UI claims and Workers Compensation documentation.
- Answer telephone to provide desired information for customers and associates in a courteous manner.
- Respond promptly to company cell phone during normal work hours and after hours and listen to and return voicemail messages by end of day.
- Coordinates collection and preparation of time and attendance records and enters this information into the payroll system.
- Training of associates and coworkers as directed by manager.
- Other duties assigned by Horizon Personnel Services management.
- Treat every person walking in the door or calling on the phone with respect and kindness.
Required: High school diploma, 1-3 years previous customer service.
Desirable: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience. Prior experience preferred in recruiting or customer service. Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Requires knowledge of office practices; business correspondence techniques and English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation; knowledge of word processing, Outlook, Internet, PowerPoint, data base and spreadsheet software applications.
Skills required include use of knowledge of word processing, Outlook, Internet, data base and spreadsheet software; use of standard office equipment including computers, printers, telephones, calculators, copiers, scanners, calculators and facsimile equipment.
Ability to interpret and apply Horizon Personnel Services and the clients required policies and procedures; ability to maintain confidentiality of data; collect data, establish and present facts; draw valid conclusions and make innovative recommendations and solutions; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure; prioritize, organize, multi-task and complete tasks independently; communicate effectively with all levels of staff, management, clients, vendors and public and private representatives; ability to work under pressure and maintain composure while managing multiple projects; ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures; ability to generate a team player atmosphere; ability to facilitate progressive change and train staff; ability to service clients and employees with quality and flexibility.
Horizon Personnel is one of the leading Staffing Services serving the Light Industrial Market, Food Manufacturing, Logistics and many well-known manufacturing companies. Our clients list reads like the Who Who's of Fortune 500 Companies where we provide top level service and well-qualified Associates to meet our clients' staffing needs. We started our company in 2004 and now we dominate 13 different markets across the United States providing top level staffing.