Suffern Central School District
Suffern (Rockland County), New York
An innovative and dynamic school district just 30 miles from NYC in the foothills of the beautiful Hudson Valley is reopening its search for a dynamic, forward thinking
Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
Anticipated Start Date: On or About July 1, 2019
The ideal candidate must be a leader who is a good communicator, problem-solver, collaborative, skilled in the use of technology, a good listener and able to work & interact with all segments of the school community.
Position responsibilities include:
- Supervise the recruitment and placement process of qualified applicants for all positions;
- Oversee the evaluation process for teaching staff in accordance with APPR regulations;
- Provide leadership and guidance to the collective bargaining process for all bargaining units and ensuring compliance with all collective bargaining agreements;
- Supervise all functions of the Human Resources Office including the Benefits Department;
- Be familiar with NY State laws and regulations relative to all aspects of education law dealing with Human Resources
Applicants must possess (or be eligible for) valid NYS certification as a School District Administrator/Leader (SDA/SDL). Human Resources experience preferred.
Salary and benefits are competitive with the area.
Previous Applicants Need Not Re-Apply.
Putnam Northern Westchester
Service and Innovation through Partnership
An AA/EO Employer
On-line application required by
March 16, 2019 at:
Location/Region: Suffern, NY