The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane’s unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.
The HRIS Specialist oversees the implementation and use of the company’s HR information including processes, interfaces and vendors. This position directs the development and execution of HR technology strategies as well as day-to-day use of HR systems that balance the expectations and needs of the organization, its associates, and other stakeholders.
Including but not limited to:
- Works with functional teams to establish processes governing the optimal use of HR systems
- Works with the IT team in development of integrated systems strategies and tactical approaches that deliver high impact solutions to the company’s managers and employees
- Actively looks for opportunities to improve company services and performance through enhanced use of HR systems
- Owns the design and development of a total HRIS strategy using all current technologies and touching on all areas of HR systems functions including staffing, on-boarding, talent management, benefits and compensation
- Manages relationships with HRIS vendors to ensure proper support and attention are given to accounts
- Ensures end-user needs are elicited and prioritized and that associated reporting capabilities are developed
- Defines and maintains interfaces both intra- and inter-HR systems
- Maintains documentation on HR systems processes, interfaces and technology infrastructure
- Identifies and supports training of users on effective and proper HR systems use
- Oversees the investigation and evaluation of HR technology applications to enhance cost/benefit/effectiveness
- Oversees HRIS system maintenance, table integrity, test audit controls and external audits
- Identifies and acts on possible HR systems enhancements that improve productivity, increase serve or reduce costs.
- Creates/generates HR query reports, statistics, and data analysis to support HR and management operations.
- Completes salary surveys, compensation and labor market analysis, and special projects
- Carries out job duties while maintaining Lane values
- And other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong applicant-tracking systems (ATS) and HRIS proficiency, as well as website and social media for effective branding and recruiting
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- JD Edwards One World experience is preferred
- 3+ years successful HR/HRIS experience; heavy highway construction environment preferred
- Strong initiative, work ethic, ability to work independently and take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and project skills
- Must be resourceful, proactive, able to multi-task, and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Location/Region: San Antonio, TX