A Benefits Services Representative’s primary function is to provide customer service to individual subscribers and dental offices. Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing, are important. Candidates must be customer focused, detail oriented, committed to providing excellent service and must work well in a team environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Answer incoming calls in reference to claims and group dental benefits including but not limited to: eligibility, status, dependent coverage, covered benefits, maximum benefit allowances, etc.
• Maintain professionalism while handling a variety of customer inquiries
• Meet or exceed agent call center performance measures
• Establish and maintain working relationships with Delta Dental customers and co‐workers
• Maintain strict confidentiality; this position will have access to patients’ personal information, as well as protected health information
Data Entry/Record Keeping
• Maintain accurate, detailed phone logs
• Research electronic claim history
• Request additional information from providers as generated by the Professional Review Department
• Assist department in meeting short term and long term goals
• Perform other duties as assigned by management to best meet the needs of the department
Experience & Qualifications
• A high school diploma or equivalent education is required
• 1‐2 years of experience with providing customer service is required
• Education and/or prior experience in the dental field is considered an asset
Compensation & Benefits
Delta Dental provides an excellent compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, continuing education and 401k.
If this sounds like a team you would like to join, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Summer Sporrer, HR
Delta Dental of South Dakota
720 N. Euclid Ave.
Pierre, SD 57501
Location/Region: Pierre, SD (57501)