Labor Relations HR Advisor
Labor Relations- HR Delivery
St. Francis - Milwaukee, WI
Do you have experience supporting HR and working with Unions? Join St. Francis and support 2 bargaining units for all of their employee and labor relations needs.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Labor Relations HR Advisor with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to support organizational Human Resources strategies and operations.
- Assists management with routine employee relations and/or labor relations as well as performance issues.
- Assists with labor relations, grievance handling, negotiations, etc.
- Collects and analyzes Human Resources data, and prepares recommendations for management.
- Facilitates administrative processes for functional area(s) according to established procedures.
- Assists with administration of periodic Human Resources programs.
- Assists with associate issues relating to benefits, status changes, entering and coordinating various forms and procedures relating to associate postings, new-hire/transfers, associate compensation, benefits, payroll, and other Human Resources related programs.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of HR experience preferred, with a focus in Labor Relations and supporting a Union environment.
- Law degree (J.D.) preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf” Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
About this company
St. Vincent’s Health System encourages its nurses to provide personalized, compassionate care for all patients, regardless of what they’re struggling with, and we give you the resources and support to do it. We want a collaborative environment, where nurses work side-by-side with skilled providers in both patient care and deciding policy. We believe in balancing high-touch with high-tech, and that reputation draws patients to us from more than 40 Birmingham-area zip codes. When you join St. Vincent’s you become part of Ascension, the nation’s largest non-profit and largest faith-based health system, which is recognized nationally for its commitment to quality, safety and healing.
Location/Region: Milwaukee, WI