Energy Solutions was founded in 1995 to address climate change and sustainability issues through energy efficiency and renewable energy sources. As one of the leading consulting firms in our field, we specialize in energy efficiency program and project design, implementation and marketing, as well as solar and other renewable energy system feasibility studies, project development and financing, and water conservation programs. In our 25 years, we have built a solid reputation for quality products that routinely exceed our utility, governmental and private sector clients’ expectations.
We are currently seeking a HR / Administrative Assistant to join our Human Resources team offering direct support to the Benefits Manager as well as providing administrative and general staff assistance for our downtown Oakland location. She/he must be able to adjust to rapidly changing circumstances and work well under pressure as situations warrant.
The person filling this role will be required to work from our Oakland office two days a week to complete tasks that require an onsite presence, with the remainder of the time spent working remotely.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Benefits administration support including onboarding and offboarding tasks, processing LOA, EDD, medical and workers compensation, benefits/carrier payments and invoicing.
- Backup for payroll as needed including ensuring proper enrollments and deductions for new hires, status changes and adhering to relevant tax rules and laws.
- Audit and maintain employee records (hard copy and electronic filing system) to ensure information and required documents are up to date and complete.
- Act as a point of contact between employees, internal departments, and external parties including vendors, lenders, and customers.
- Provide general administrative support including answering phones, responding to emails/voicemails, sorting mail, and shipping/receiving packages.
- Track and maintain inventory of office supplies/equipment and order additional supplies, ergonomic equipment, and project related materials as needed.
- Expense reporting and posting.
- Facilities support including key issuing/tracking, furniture inventory, scheduling repairs and related responsibilities.
- Maintain a clean and orderly office including light housekeeping of common areas (reception area, break rooms, and conference rooms), scheduled disinfection of frequently touched surfaces and objects, stock and organize personal protective equipment and ensure adequate supply of hand sanitizer.
- Perform other miscellaneous administrative duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or related major preferred.
- 1- 3 years of HR and/or administrative experience.
- General knowledge of current regulations and laws applicable to payroll and benefits; payroll certification a plus.
- Business writing ability with strong spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and multi-tasking skills with strong attention to detail and follow up.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and capable of delivering effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Able to work independently and juggle competing priorities with minimal guidance and takes the utmost care with confidentiality.
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility, accountability, and ownership of assigned tasks.
- Proficient in MS Office tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (skills tests will be required during the interview process).
- Exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact; excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills; cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups.
- Must be willing to learn and practice aseptic cleaning techniques throughout the office.
- A delightful personality and sense of humor.
- A proven professional or personal commitment to the betterment of the environment and the reduction of GHGs.
Our BART-accessible office is located in downtown Oakland, California. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, and other pre-tax contribution plans.
Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check; drug screens are required and proof of authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is a precondition of employment.