Diversity & Inclusion Sr. Business Partner
Advance Local is looking for a Diversity & Inclusion Sr. Business Partner to join our Human Resources team. In this position, your focus will be attracting and retaining a diverse workforce as both an individual contributor and by influencing and maintaining awareness of the Company’s diversity initiatives, especially recruiting. This role will work closely with our Vice President and General Counsel and Vice President of Human Resources in the execution of our diversity initiatives.
In this role, you will:
- Source, network with and proactively reach out to under-represented groups through diverse job boards, universities, conferences and other diverse networking sources.
- Use network as well as referrals to build and actively manage relationships with skilled, talented diverse individuals at all levels in order to create a continuous growing pipeline.
- Participate in external diversity forums and community events to promote the Advance Local Media brand while sourcing new talent.
- Coordinate the Company’s participation in the Newhouse School of Journalism Minority Fellowship program, to meet its objectives.
- Work with the local diversity committees on local recruiting and other initiatives.
- Work with the Talent Management team to craft job descriptions, job postings, interview questions, and other hiring material that contain inclusive and non-biased language.
- Mentor hiring managers on trends and practices in diversity recruiting, including how to evaluate candidates from under-represented groups.
For this position we’re looking for candidates with:
- Work experience as a Recruiter and Human Resources Business Partner in the D&I space
- Work experience with various interviewing techniques
- Familiarity with online and offline sourcing (e.g. through professional networks or job fairs)
- Strong consultative, communication, and influencing skills
- Effective relationship building skills to develop strong partnerships with diversity forums, candidates, HR partners and stakeholders
- Participation in seminars and workshops around diversity in the workplace or relevant certification is a plus
- BS in HR, Organizational Psychology, or relevant background
Advance Local offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off, flexible holidays and parental leave as well as options for your healthcare.
Advance Local, one of the largest media groups in the United States, operates the leading news and information companies in more than 24 cities, reaching 50+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Fearlessness, and Customer Focus.
Advance Local includes MLive Media Group, Advance Ohio, Alabama Media Group, NJ Advance Media, Advance Media NY, MassLive Media, Oregonian Media Group, Staten Island Media Group, ZeroSum, The Alpha Group, Headline Studio, PA Media Group, and our Enterprise Digital Innovation team. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com.
Advance Local is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, encouraging applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.
Location/Region: New York, NY (10007)