Location: 5522 Baum Blvd. Pittsburgh, PA
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for operational success that enables excellent customer service by ensuring scheduling, merchandising, communications and compliance are maintained for the store. In addition, this person must be a motivating presence, create a collaborative work environment and lead the team to provide excellent customer service to the Goodblend customers in order to meet and exceed the store’s financial goals.
The Assistant Operations Manager assists the Store Manager in managing the overall P&L, inclusive of payroll, to ensure store’s contributions are meeting and exceeding targets and guaranteeing that store operations are running smoothly and efficiently in accordance with the Goodblend standard.
This role is with Goodblend, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Prioritize time and energies in store to join the staff on the selling floor; coaching and developing the team; and leading by example.
- Positive representative of the Goodblend brand.
- Deliver the full Goodblend customer service experience, catering to the customers ‘needs.
- Develops knowledge of trends in industry to provide best service possible and share with the team.
- Responds to all customer concerns and acts when necessary to resolve conflicts.
- Serves as a role-model and resource for store staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations.
- Responsible for driving sales to meet and exceed targets. Assisting the Store Manager in meeting all financial goals, including management of the P+L, payroll and store budgets.
- Responsible for all operational aspects of the store creating an appealing environment for the customers to explore.
- Create store schedules which drive sales opportunities and maximizes the customer experience. Partner with the Store Manager to ensure staffing is prioritized to provide optimal schedules and ensure the best customer service is provided always.
- Successfully prepare for and support company driven promotions and launches to meet and exceed sales targets and deliver the best experience possible for customers.
- Assist with local events ensuring a successful execution as directed by the Store Manager.
- Facilitate staff training regarding company operational initiatives, ensuring processes, procedures and policies are accurately communicated to the team.
- Participate and advocate for all training, support all training and assist the Store Manager in ensuring they were delivered on brand and the service knowledge/skills were built with every employee in store.
- Responsible to support a productive and dynamic team by connecting with employees, customers, and the community. These must be strong relationships and connections founded on the common passion for cannabis.
- Confident and skillful coach and manager to the team. Comfortable navigating difficult conversation, with professionalism, poise and kindness; actively provide coaching and feedback to develop employees in their position and help them grow.
- Creates an environment where clear and fair expectations are set, and all employees are treated with respect.
- Step in to fulfill responsibilities of Store Manager as needed.
- Responsible for the store’s daily presentation. Ensures the store operations are run smoothly, safely and efficiently and according to Goodblend standards.
- Responsible for knowing, following and administering all company policies and procedures.
- Office Administration: Store communication and planning. Responsible to read, interpret and communicate messages from Corporate Store Operations. Works to ensure all staff members are informed and takes proper action, updates bulletin boards and other communication avenues in store.
- Reviews and approves timekeeping records for the staff, ensuring accuracy and submits for payment. Maintains record keeping standards.
- Responsible for shipping and receiving. Preparing, setting timelines and delegating tasks amongst the team to ensure merchandise is stocked is completed in a timely manner.
- Acts to reduce loss. Responsible for the management of processing damages/returns and the organization. Alerts the Store Manager to any concerns immediately.
- Responsible for ordering of supplies and managing the supply budget. Ensures the budget is met on a monthly and annual basis and stock levels are managed so that all items remain in stock.
- Maintain all visual merchandising directives.
- Responsible for the successful management of store inventory levels.
- Execute visual displays. Customize the visual direction to fit the store dimensions, communicate timelines and execute the floor set with precision and on time.
- Organization of all areas back of house, creating an orderly and tidy environment for the staff where product is easy to locate when needed.
- Manage Cycle Counting as applicable.
- Execute thorough store audits on time and as directed.
- Ensure the store is compliant with all environmental operations requirements and document per company standards.
- Manage third party vendors as required.
- Manage banking.
- Administers all operational company policies and procedures.
- Ensure consistent standards of cleanliness, maintenance and organization throughout the store.
- Provide feedback to the Store Manager to inform improvements that are needed.
- Ensure all patient files are current and required documentation is on file and follows all guidelines issued by the State of Pennsylvania and HIPAA.
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable state and local laws, as well as documentation processes in accordance with the State of Pennsylvania.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory or lead role in a retail environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others
- Excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen, proven ability to analyze sales data and create effective action plans
- Proven ability to provide leadership that motivates teams to exceed sales goals while maintaining payroll budgets
- Ability to identify top talent, network, recruit, create and maintain high performing teams.
- Proven operation and merchandising excellence
- Retail and cannabis industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve moderate to complex problems
- Demonstrates flexibility and takes initiative with minimal direction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must have open flexibility to work during peak traffic times, including evenings, weekends and holidays
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand on your feet for up to 8 hours
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Parallel reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Parallel is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Parallel at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Parallel associates.
Internal ID: 19059
Location/Region: Pittsburgh, PA