Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is growing and so is our People Platform team! We’re seeking a People Platform Coordinator to help us build the People function and support our diverse teams. You will actively contribute to the planning and day-to-day of people operations at Affirm. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to build a strong foundation in People fundamentals.
The People Platform team builds and maintains the foundation for which all people and programs run on through tools, technology, data, policies and procedures. We partner with Global Mobility, Compensation, Benefits, People Business Partners, Talent, Payroll, Accounting, Finance, all levels of management across the business, and our employees. Our charter is to enable Affirmers to do their best work with as little friction as possible.
What You'll Do
- Own and deliver a best-in-class onboarding program, including guiding the experience from candidate → new hire, ensuring employees have relevant information in a timely manner, hosting for new hires’ first day, training, ensuring accurate employee records/documentation, background checks, I-9 compliance, etc.
- Work collaboratively with other People team members and cross-functional partners
- Act as the day-to-day point of contact for all employee questions; ensure all employees have timely and accurate information relating to people processes, policies and procedures.
- Ensure we have clean and up-to-date people data by maintaining employee data in UltiPro and other systems, including entering all new hires, making relevant updates for existing employees, managing the termination process, maintaining our company intranet and conducting regular audits of people data.
- Maintain utmost confidentiality in all matters relating to employee records and investigations.
- Ensure legal compliance with applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations, and maintaining records.
- Partner with People Business Partners other People team members to support offboarding and employee changes (examples: compensation cycles and internal transfers)
- Partner with Manager and People Platform team members on special projects on as as needed basis (examples: implementing case management tool, offboarding process revamp and automation)
What We Look For
- 1+ years of People experience, preferably in a fast-growing company
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Ability to design and communicate a clear process; detail oriented yet flexible approach to problem-solving; strong and sincere empathy for the employee experience
- Impeccable judgment and integrity; ability to make sound decisions independently and thrives in ambiguity
- Ability to maturely handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management in a clear and persuasive manner.
- People systems (HRIS) experience, particularly with UltiPro or similar systems is a plus.
- Preferred, but not required: strong knowledge and experience in federal and multi-state employment law and compliance practices operations (local, state and federal law).
- Knowledge of Excel and Google Sheets
- Passion for improving consumer credit products and a strong sense of humor.
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! The majority of our roles can be accomplished anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). While most Affirmers will have the option to choose a remote-first accommodation, our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis. This role requires you to live within reasonable access to a particular office in order to fulfill certain job responsibilities.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here
and our progress thus far in our 2019 D&I report
We also believe “It’s On Us” to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Location/Region: San Francisco, CA