KnowBe4, Inc. is the provider of the world's largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform. KnowBe4 enables organizations to manage the ongoing problem of social engineering by helping them train employees to make smarter security decisions, every day. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We have ranked a best place to work for women, millennials, and in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine as well as #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last five years.
The Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for handling all issues, investigations, concerns, safety cases and employee relations for KnowBe4. The ideal candidate will provide guidance to managers on policy adherence, regulations and our internal corrective action process as well as handle the auditing and adherence with all state and federal employment regulations to mitigate risk associated with employee matters.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Assist in organizing and producing documents for EEO charges, wage claims, disability accommodations, workers compensation and related regulatory inquiries
- Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations on employee disputes, staff complaints or other relevant HR matters in a timely manner.
- Assist management with performance concerns, disciplinary action and conflict management issues
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance related to coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions
- Deliver performance and disciplinary actions
- Conduct exit interviews, summarize findings, and discuss trends and concerns with SVP of People Operations
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Maintain and enforce HR policies, programs, and procedures and provide guidance and interpretation as needed.
- Partner with internal staff to communicate and audit adherence to policies; investigate complaints or deviations from policy and ensure a resolution is reached in a timely manner
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance; partner with the Legal Department as needed/required.
- Assist with the employee recognition programs
- Deliver manager training sessions regarding HR policies and procedures
- Associate’s Degree in Employee Relations, Human Resources or a related field required, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience resolving human resource matters or complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Experience with Gmail and Google Docs
- Experience with MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Experience with web browsers (Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- PHR or SHRM-CP a plus
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Location/Region: Clearwater, FL