Every employee with Thompson Buick GMC Cadillac is absolutely critical to its success.
Thompson Buick GMC Cadillac has been in business since 1956.
Our rapid growth and fast-paced environment make this an awesome place to work.
Happy employees make happy customers, and we reward individuals who are ready to work hard and stay motivated.
Come join our team! Benefits
* Medical and Dental
* 401K Plan * HSA
* Paid time off and vacation * Growth opportunities
* Paid Training * Employee vehicle purchase discount
* Family owned and operated * Long term job security
* Flexible Work Schedule * Discounts on products and services
* Short and Long Term disability * life insurance
* Process documents for state registration, follow the proper paperwork and ensure that tax and title documents are also completed.
* Post vendor invoices into accounting system
* Balance vendors to statements & contact vendors for missing invoices
* Process all payoffs, registrations for new and pre-owned vehicles, all license plate issuing and transfers and obtain all dealer titles.
* Send bills, contracts, warranties and service contracts to the appropriate agency, such as the department of motor vehicles.
* Check for completeness and signatures on all required parts of forms.
Additionally, vehicle title clerks may check for accuracy of vehicle sale and purchase prices.
* Maintain a file of sales, prices, payments, warranties, service contracts and other pertinent information related to the sale or transfer of a vehicle.
* Maintain titles and MSO’s for inventory.
* Prepare title work for sold vehicles and submit to DMV.
* Enter used vehicle purchases into inventory.
* Responsibilities as a backup Payroll
* Compiles payroll data such as hours worked; sales volume, bonuses, and commissions; monies to be withheld for taxes; employee contributions to insurance and retirement plans; etc., from time sheets and other records.
* Updates master payroll records by verifying and recording changes affecting net wages such as federal and state tax exemptions, insurance coverage, etc., and data concerning compensation increases, promotions, and/or transfer of employees between departments.
* Prepares direct deposit for payroll. * Keeps records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
* Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
* Prepares/files all hiring and termination paperwork including COBRA letters.
* Maintains records for vacations and sick-day eligibility.
* Processes all employee insurance forms and insurance payments in coordination with office manager.
Qualifications * Full-cycle payroll experience required
* Basic accounting experience required * Understand employee payroll issues and communicate solutions effectively
* Able to communicate effectively verbally in one-on-one situations to customers and other associates
* Clean and valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
* Computer literate and must be able to learn company software
Location/Region: Raleigh, NC (27609)